Recently, completed a 30 day blog challenge back in June 2010 which was not an easy task trying to keep up with the Jones. There were times when I just did not have the energy to write aside from all the other distractions. It takes time to build the momentum. Very pleased that I was able to complete both the 30 day and 7 day mini blog challenge using two different sites. A Facebook Fan Page “Continuity Blogging Community” was created to continue with the relationships that were form from the challenge.
Now, there is the Ultimate Blog Challenge coming up in August hosted by Michele Scism and Michelle Schaeffer. The original 30 day blog challenge was created by Connie Ragen Green and the one this past June was hosted by Jeanette Cates and Connie Ragen Green. So are you ready for another 30 days?
Here are some tips to make blogging easier when participating in a 30 day blog challenge.
1) Preparation is important. Just like running a marathon, going on a diet or blogging being prepared is key. Get all your materials ready.
2) Do you have a game plan? Are you going to repurpose your material or what are some of the new articles you will be posting?
3) If you have difficulties coming up with a blog post every day or will be on vacation, write a batch of articles and then schedule them for publishing at a designated time. I will definitely, be using this method more frequently.
4) You do not have to blog and come up with materials all by yourself throughout the 30 days. Why not interview others in your field? Have a guest blogger post on your blog. Conduct a blog exchange. What about doing a video blog for the day? There are so many ways to create content.
5) Have fun with it. Write materials that are targeted to your niche market.
Everyone comes out a winner from a blog challenge. The blogger provides valuable content and the reader finds you as a resource. This in turn makes you a credible source –expert and you engaged your readers. Who knows maybe a sale or a joint venture. Just think of the possibilities.
Share you comments with us of your experiences with a blog challenge.